You are hereHome ›
About NCC Introduction
The NCC's mission is 'To be an independent, open-access national centre that delivers world-class innovation in the design and rapid manufacture of composites and facilitates their widespread industrial exploitation.'
In November 2009 the Government launched the UK Composites Strategy. This highlights the importance of composites to the future of UK manufacturing and the Government's plans for ensuring that the UK has the means to succeed in intensely competitive global markets.
A key part of this strategy is the establishment of the National Composites Centre (NCC), which will bring together dynamic companies and enterprising academics to develop new technologies for the design and rapid manufacture of high-quality composite products. The combination of academic and business strengths will speed progress from laboratory to design to factory and into products
- Provide manufacturing facilities at an industrial scale and rapid manufacturing processes capable of building prototypes to validate design concepts
- Be the hub of the UK's effort to develop and implement rapid composite manufacturing technologies and systems.
- Lead the co-ordination of a strengthened network of regional centres of composites excellence
- Provide direction and focus for fundamental research and collaborative links with UK universities
- Help to develop and co-ordinate training to support the skills base necessary for applying advanced and specialist composite technologies
Background and Ownership of the NCC
In collaboration with the Sponsors, the University of Bristol established the NCC. As at the date of the Agreement, the University proposed to build and retain ownership of the Facility and the intention is that, to protect the University's charitable status, primary purpose trading activities will be carried out by the University and non-primary purpose trading activities will be carried out by the Subsidiary.
THE UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL incorporated by Royal Charter (company number RC000648) and having its Principal Office at Senate House, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TH, England (the "University");
Wholly owned subsidiary: NCC OPERATIONS LIMITED (company number 07304890) whose registered office is at Finance Office, Senate House, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TH, England a company organised and existing under the laws of England and Wales (the "Subsidiary")
ESTABLISHMENT AND OPERATION OF THE NCC
The University established the NCC in accordance with a Membership Agreement.
The NCC shall be operated by the University and the Subsidiary in accordance with the:
(a) NCC's Strategic Aims;
(b) principles set out in the Framework for the Operational Principles; and
(c) terms of a Membership Agreement.
- About NCC
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Composites Awareness
- IMechE Business Skills
- Intro to Composite Materials, Properties and Processes
- Intro to Managing a Composites Manufacturing Facility
- Intro to Robotic CNC Programming
- Introduction to CATIA V5
- MS® Project 2010 - Level 2
- Manual Prepreg Foundation Course
- Manual Prepreg Training Programme
- Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) Familiarisation
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In