You are hereHome ›
Opportunities for Companies and Member Companies
Working with the NCC
The NCC is dedicated to helping business develop new and better composite products. It is equipped with some of the most sophisticated design, manufacturing and testing facilities in the world. More importantly, it has highly skilled staff with experience in the design and use of composite materials in sectors including automotive, aerospace, marine, wind & tidal energy and consumer products.
Companies from any sector that would like to participate in the NCC research and technology programmes are invited to join the NCC. Membership opportunities exist for small, medium and large companies wishing to develop new technologies, learn about existing technologies or see new materials, tooling or design services implemented at an industrial scale. Please take a look at the Membership page for more information.
Organisations do not have to be members to use the NCC and can make use of the centre by means of
- Consultation in the areas of design, simulation, materials, manufacturing/processing
- Access to a wide range of equipment on a pay by the hour basis (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a price list)
The NCC offers free 1 or 2 hour consultations enabling companies to discuss composite related projects with an experienced member of staff. This can be at the NCC, by telephone, or subject to certain conditions, as part of a visit by NCC staff to a company’s premises.
The NCC is a not-for-profit organisation which has attracted significant public and private funding to help companies develop innovative products and cost-effective ways of making them. We understand the struggle SMEs may experience in such an actively emerging industry and offer the chance for southwest-based SMEs to benefit from up to 12 hours of free assistance to explore this domain. For more information, go to the SME Funding Opportunities page.
NCC Composite Champions Mentoring Programme
The NCC Composite Champions Mentoring Programme has been designed to encourage SME owners and managers to ask the right questions of their businesses and to help them access the specialist advice and support they need.
Four out of five SMEs say they want to grow, but only a third actually do. The Mentoring Programme has been funded by Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) to help those SMEs keen to grow. (Firms receiving external advice are more likely to grow yet the statistics say that fewer than 50% of SMEs seek any support each year.)
NCC Composite Champions Mentees (SMEs) are paired up with NCC Composite Champions (Mentors, who have expertise in the technical, H&S and/or business improvement and innovation domains). The programme has been set up to match SMEs with those who understand their sector and aims to develop management and leadership capabilities to help the SME improve and grow. Mentors will work alongside your company to also provide a gateway to other business support.
For more information about the NCC Composite Champions Mentoring Programme, please contact email@example.com.
As a result of support from the European Regional Development Fund and High Value Manufacturing Catapult, as well as Technology Strategy Board programmes, there are a number of funding opportunities for companies. Please take a look at the Funding Opportunities and SME Opportunities pages for more details.
The NCC can also direct enquiries to other organisations including:
- Universities involved in composites research
- Other High Value Manufacturing Catapult centres (with specialisms in areas such as machining, forging, assembly, light weighting and process engineering)
- The Manufacturing Advisory Service (all aspects of manufacturing advice)
- UK Trade and Investment (export and inward investment support)
- Manufacturing Advisory Service (advice to manufacturers)
- Business Link (generic business advice)
- About NCC
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Course Dates
- Composites Awareness
- IMechE Business Skills
- Intro to Composite Materials, Properties and Processes
- Intro to Managing a Composites Manufacturing Facility
- Intro to Robotic CNC Programming
- Introduction to CATIA V5
- MS® Project 2010 - Level 2
- Manual Prepreg Foundation Course
- Manual Prepreg Training Programme
- Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) Familiarisation
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In