You are hereHome ›
Need extra composite support in your business? Look no further than the Composite Technician Trailblazer Apprenticeship
In summer this year, the National Composites Centre (NCC), alongside Composites UK Members and the Industrial Steering Group, chaired by Rolls Royce, will launch a new apprenticeship specifically designed for the Composites sector.
The Composites Trailblazer Apprenticeship will be a 3-4 year scheme, in which students of all ages (aged 16 minimum) will gain a wide and specialised knowledge of all aspects of composite manufacture and applications. At the end of the apprenticeship, students will gain NVQ and BTEC qualifications highlighting sufficent knowledge and application of this knowledge into the workplace.
Four key elements of Composite Trailblazer Apprenticeship:
- NVQ at Level 2 and 3
- Technical certificate with mandatory and optional units to allow flexibility
- Maths at Level 2
Through this composite specialist collaboration, we can ensure that we design a cross-sector Composites Technician Apprenticeship, truly fit for industry purpose. This scheme also gives industry the power, allowing you to influence and shape an apprenticeship that will add benefit your business. The mandatory and optional unit titles have now been confirmed, so we are now seeking the help of the composites industry to shape the content behind these units. We want to hear from all sectors across the composites industry to ensure we shape modules that meet all industry varied needs. If you would like to find out more or wish to be involved, please email email@example.com.
- Understand Employer H&S Policy (including Statutory Regulations)
- Interpret Engineering Data and Work Instructions
- Work Effectively and Efficiently (including an Introduction to Business Improvement Techniques)
- Awareness of Materials
- Awareness of Processes (including Tooling)
- Awareness of Product Design and Applications
- Awareness of Defects and Detection in Composites
- Production of a Part using a Hand Lay-up Technique
- An understanding of Pre-Pregs
- An understanding of Wet Lay-up
- An understanding of Resin Infusion (RI) and Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM)
- An understanding of Automated Processes
- An understanding of Assemblies, Jointing and Bonding
- An understanding of Repair Techniques
- An understanding of Spray Lay-up
- An understanding of Curing Techniques
- An understanding of Manufacture of Materials
- An understanding of Tooling and Tool Preparation
We understand that within smaller organisations time and resource is precious so there are a number of support packages in place to ensure you have the opportunity to participate in this great opportunity. Don’t miss out on your chance to have your say! See the attachment below for more information on SME support options available.
We want to hear from you to make sure this apprenticeship suits not only the wider industry, but also your specific business needs. If you would like to find out more or wish to be involved in shaping the unit content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About the NCC
- Funding Opportunities
- Automated Fibre Placement
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- General Training
- Prepreg Training
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In