You are hereHome ›
Better Bristol 2017 - Funding opportunity for Bristol-based SMEs
Bristol Green Capital Partnership community interest company (BGCP) is investing £45,000 in local ideas and projects that will contribute to making the city more sustainable with a high quality of life for all.
BGCP are looking for new ideas, projects and initiatives that contribute to the vision of Bristol becoming a sustainable city with a high quality of life for all. If you are a Bristol-based SME whose idea matches the Better Bristol criteria, you could be eligible to receive free coaching for your crowdfunding campaign and have a chance of receiving 50% of your target.
This is a “match-funded” campaign and will offer grants of between £3,000 - £4,000 for projects with a crowdfunding target of between £6,000 and £8,000, but projects must first raise their half ‘from the crowd’.
To qualify, projects should:
- aim to tackle environmental challenges
- be community-led and/or engage local communities
- aim to achieve impact in a fair and inclusive way
To be eligible for the match funding, crowdfunding campaigns must:
- be from an SME of no more than 10 employees and annual turnover of under £500,000
- use the ‘all-or-nothing’ option (if target is not reached, no money is taken from backers)
- have a project target of between £6,000 and £8,000
- launch on 1 June 2017
Initial applications must be submitted before midday on Tuesday 25th April
Further information can be found at Better Bristol.
The National Composites Centre (NCC) offers Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) access to a full range of composites manufacturing technologies. We provide cost effective opportunities to optimise new products and to work with world class composites manufacturing and testing equipment.
Along with a team of over 100 dedicated Designers, Engineers and Technicians we can provide advice on low cost tooling and rapid manufacturing both at development and full sized industrial scale. We can assist any company with innovative design ideas to de-risk a project, reduce production costs and accelerate products to market production.
The NCC REACH programme offers SMEs:
- Access to initial complimentary assessment of processes and materials options
- Up to five days funded support for SMEs to address opportunities for improvement/capability enhancement, cost savings or new product de-risking
- Potential additional funded days of support
- Introductions to other companies and involvement on collaborative funding programme
For further information regarding the NCC SME programme, please email email@example.com.
- About the NCC
- Funding Opportunities
- Automated Fibre Placement
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- General Training
- Prepreg Training
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In