Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) and Resin Infusion (RI) Familiarisation
This course is an introduction to ‘Closed Moulding’, including examples of various projects and the differences between the various types (Resin Infusion, RTM, Light RTM, VRTM, HPRTM etc.). There will be a general explanation with the fundamental principles of the different processes, considerations relating to pressure and vacuum, advantages and disadvantages of the each process.
Classroom and workshop
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at individuals who are new to ‘closed mould’ techniques and applications.
Materials for RTM
- Fibre types
- Resin systems
- Release agents
Equipment for RTM
- Mixing and non-mixing equipment
- The interface between the injection machine and the mould
- The importance of pressure control
- Other control considerations
- Problem solving
- Developments in mechanised resin-delivery and process control- the link from RTM to infusion
- Materials and techniques for infusion- infusion strategies
Tools and Techniques Covered
Two practical workshop sessions (one morning and one afternoon)
- Demonstration using a glass-topped flat panel mould to illustrate the VRTM process and to show the effect of the various process parameters.
- Demonstration of a more complex mould with the inclusion of core materials and integrated metal inserts.
- Demonstration of the Resin Infusion process
13th April 2017 - Register your interest here
20th July 2017 - Register your interest here
If you have a minimum of 6 delegates and the current planned schedule does not meet your business needs we may be able to set up another course date for you.
For further information please complete a training enquiry form or contact email@example.com
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- Automated Fibre Placement
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- General Training
- Prepreg Training
- About the NCC
- Funding Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In