Introduction to Prepreg Composite Tooling
This interactive two day workshop is designed as a valuable learning opportunity and to provide a broad-based entry point to the design parameters in producing successful composite tools using prepreg materials. The course will give delegates a good understanding of current prepreg tooling techniques, and a vision of future material requirements. Delegates will gain both theoretical knowledge as well as hands-on experience in a safe simulated industrial workshop.
Classroom and workshop based
Who should attend?
Anyone new to manufacture in composites or seeking the skills to produce tooling in-house.
The objectives of this course are for delegates to mould a demonstration tool and to have the opportunity to laminate some individual sample tools. The course will deliver some of the practical techniques used in successful tool manufacture including the theory of quasi-isotropic lamination, hand lamination de-bulking, preparation for autoclave and the theoretical application of release agents.
- Introduction to master model - design characteristics
- Prepreg tooling properties– including expansion theory
- Preparation of a master – epoxy tooling block / release regimes
- Theoretical lamination process.
- Hands on laminating - Series tooling in prepreg.
- (Overnight autoclave cure)
- Review of lamination process
- Removal of tool from master
- Evaluation of results
- Post cure / backing structure requirements
- Question and answer session
Introduction to Manual Prepreg Techniques
29th & 30th March 2017 - Register your interest here
For further information or to make a booking enquiry, please contact email@example.com.
If you have a minimum of 6 delegates and the current planned schedule does not meet your business needs we may be able to set up another course date for you.
- Prepreg Training
- Automated Fibre Placement
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- General Training
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- About the NCC
- Funding Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In