The course will provide delegates with a general overview of working in a composites environment and awareness of composites material types, processes and applications as used by others.
Classroom and workshop demonstration
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at delegates new to composites in a business support role, at all levels of the business. No previous experience or knowledge of composites / engineering is required. For delegates with previous knowledge we advise attending our Introduction to Composite Materials, Properties and Processes.
Objectives & Aims
To provide a basic understanding of the principles of composites materials and manufacture.
- History of composites materials
- Awareness of resins and fibres currently available
- Strength and stiffness - how composites products usually have both
- Composite manufacturing techniques
- Awareness of composites materials and products types
- Environmental conditions required for the manufacture of composites materials
- How to avoid Health and Safety problems and deal with the effects
- Advantages and disadvantages of manufacturing and using composite materials
- Prepreg and vacuum bag workshop demonstration
22nd March 2017 - Register your interest here
17th May 2017 - Register your interest here
5th July 2017 - Register your interest here
If you have a minimum of 6 delegates and the current planned schedule does not meet your business needs we may be able to set up another course date for you.
For further information please complete a training enquiry form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- Automated Fibre Placement
- General Training
- Prepreg Training
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- About the NCC
- Funding Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In