You are hereHome ›
Funding Opportunities Introduction
Funding Opportunities for Companies and Member Companies
Working with the NCC
The NCC is dedicated to helping business develop new and better composite products. It is equipped with some of the most sophisticated design, manufacturing and testing facilities in the world. More importantly, it has highly skilled staff with experience in the design and use of composite materials in sectors including automotive, aerospace, marine, wind & tidal energy and consumer products.
Companies from any sector that would like to participate in the NCC research and technology programmes are invited to join the NCC. Membership opportunities exist for small, medium and large companies wishing to develop new technologies, learn about existing technologies or see new materials, tooling or design services implemented at an industrial scale. Please take a look at the Membership page for more information.
Organisations do not have to be members to use the NCC and can make use of the centre by means of
- Consultation in the areas of design, simulation, materials, manufacturing/processing
- Access to a wide range of equipment on a pay by the hour basis (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a price list)
The NCC offers free 1 or 2 hour consultations enabling companies to discuss composite related projects with an experienced member of staff. This can be at the NCC, by telephone, or subject to certain conditions, as part of a visit by NCC staff to a company’s premises.
As a result of support from the European Regional Development Fund and High Value Manufacturing Catapult, as well as Innovate UK programmes, there are a number of funding opportunities for companies. Please take a look at the SME Opportunities and Other Opportunities pages for more details.
The NCC can also direct enquiries to other organisations including:
- Universities involved in composites research
- Other High Value Manufacturing Catapult centres (with specialisms in areas such as machining, forging, assembly, light weighting and process engineering)
- The Manufacturing Advisory Service (all aspects of manufacturing advice)
- UK Trade and Investment (export and inward investment support)
- Manufacturing Advisory Service (advice to manufacturers)
- Business Link (generic business advice)
- Funding Opportunities
- About the NCC
- Automated Fibre Placement
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- General Training
- Prepreg Training
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In