The set-up of the National Composites Centre was a £25m investment supported by the European Regional Development Fund, the South West Regional Development Agency, and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
£4m from the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA)
- The HCA is the single, national housing and regeneration delivery agency for England.
- The HCA’s role in Bristol & Bath Science Park is one part of a wider transfer of around £300m of Regional Development Agency (RDA) land and property assets to the Agency, which completed on 19 September 2011. The HCA will manage these assets to deliver economic growth and regeneration for local communities. For more information, visit the HCA website.
- The HCA is now responsible for working with partners to develop the project and the wider Bristol & Bath Science Park, where the NCC is based. This will be managed as part of a stewardship agreement with the Government covering three nationally important technology parks, including Bristol & Bath Science Park, Ansty Park, Coventry and the Advanced Manufacturing Park in Rotherham.
£9m from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) helps stimulate economic development and regeneration in the least prosperous regions of the European Union (EU). Funding is targeted to meet three objectives set down by the European Commission (EC): Convergence, Regional Competitiveness and European Territorial Co-operation
£12m from the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) is making a difference by supporting sustained growth and higher skills across the economy. BIS: working together for growth
This public-sector investment will be supplemented with contributions from some of the world’s leading engineering companies.
- About the NCC
- Funding Opportunities
- Automated Fibre Placement
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- General Training
- Prepreg Training
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In