Advanced Manual Prepreg Techniques
This 2 day interactive course takes a practical view of the tools and techniques used in prepreg manufacture. The advance level covers more in-depth theory of prepreg material processing, oven and autoclave curing and related quality issues that may be encountered. The practical sessions will cover layup of complex shapes at high temperatures, involving an overnight cure using the autoclave.
Classroom and workshop based
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at practicing technicians in composites manufacture, who need to enhance their knowledge and practical skills. We recommend completion of our Introduction to Manual Prepreg (or Manual Prepreg Foundation) or similar as a prerequisite to attending this advanced course.
Objectives & Aims
Delegates will cover theory and practical aspects of advanced techniques used in manual prepreg manufacturing. At the end of day 2 each delegate will have completed an autoclave cured hand lay-up component using a complex mould tool and a multi-ply complex core panel in our purpose built training clean room.
- Why use prepreg and different formats available
- Technical terms relating to prepreg materials and manufacture
- Advanced material preparation and laminating techniques
- Creating vacuum bags for an autoclave cure
- Core types and preparation/considerations for laminating
- Prepreg quality and potential defects
- Fibre orientation and joining techniques
- Following work instructions and quality control documents
- Completing an autoclave cure following manufacturers data-sheets
- Complex draping of woven prepreg material
- Lamination of Uni-Directional prepreg fibres
Introduction to Prepreg Composites Tooling
15th & 16th February 2017 - Bookings Closed
10th & 11th May 2017 - Register your interest here
If you have a minimum of 6 delegates and the current planned schedule does not meet your business needs we may be able to set up another course date for you.
For further information please complete a booking enquiry form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepreg Training
- Automated Fibre Placement
- Composite Introduction and Awareness Courses
- General Training
- Resin Transfer Moulding / Resin Infusion Training
- About the NCC
- Funding Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Log In